The Sun, from The Seven Planets
Social Media Share Tools
- Hans Sebald Beham, German, 1500–1550
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- The figure of the Sun stands, facing right in profile. He wears a crown and in his right hand carries a wand which bears a face with gleaming rays. He is accompanied by Leo (the lion). At upper left, the word "SOL" and the symbol for gold.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Leo Wallerstein
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Engraving on paper
- 4.4 × 2.9 cm (1 3/4 × 1 1/8 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.