Staff with Beaded Top
- Ira Blount
- This wooden walking stick is carved in a twisted shape, and the top is decorated with purple and red beads. Cord is wrapped around the bottom of the beads to hold the design in place. The staff demonstrates local artist Ira Blount’s skill mixing multiple media, transforming everyday objects into works of art.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- late 20th-early 21st Century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- 36 3/8 × 1 3/4 × 2 1/16 in. (92.4 × 4.5 × 5.3 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.