Space Food, Cocoa, Skylab
- Whirlpool Corporation
- This container of dehydrated cocoa is of the same type stored for use on the Skylab orbital workshop by U.S. astronauts. To save space, the container is collapsable for easy storage, and the astronaut had only to add water and shake the container to rehydrate the drink. Drinks used during previous space programs were in flat plastic packaging.
- As with previous space missions, astronauts aboard the 1973-1974 Skylab missions were provided with numerous food choices. Most food continued to be dehydrated for ease of storage and preservation for the long missions.
- Transferred from NASA to the Museum in 2007.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Food & Food Accessories
- Plastic, dehydrated cocoa crystals
- 3-D (Collapsed): 8 x 7cm (3 1/8 x 2 3/4 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)