Anacostia Exhibits Center

image for Anacostia Exhibits Center
Category
Historic Images of the Smithsonian
Featured in the Torch, January 1976
Summary
The Cabinet Shop of the new Anacostia Exhibits Center of the Anacostia Neighborhood Museum at 1901 Fort Place, S.E., Washington, D.C. The facility allows the museum to design and produce exhibitions and also provides training for minority groups. This facility served as the core for a larger museum building that was completed in 1987 when it was renamed the Anacostia Museum. In 1995 the Museum was renamed Anacostia Museum and Center for African American History and Culture. After the Smithsonian launched its new National Museum of African American History and Culture, the Museum was renamed Anacostia Community Museum in 2006.
Contained within
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Box 2, Folder: January 1976
Contact information
Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Institution Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
Topic
Anacostia Neighborhood Museum
African Americans
Cabinet Shop
Museum buildings
Smithsonian Archives - History Div
Restrictions & Rights
No restrictions
Author
Unknown
Subject
Anacostia Neighborhood Museum
Anacostia Community Museum
Physical description
Color: Black and White; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Interior; Medium: Photographic print
Type
Photographic print
Interior
Standard number
94-2461