Hawaiian Women. 1905
- McIntosh, Burr 1862-1942
- Longworth, Alice Roosevelt 1884-1980
- Taft, William H (William Howard) 1857-1930
- McIntosh was better known as a fashion and society photographer before he joined the Taft Mission.
- Former collection of Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980). Gift of Joanna Sturm, granddaughter of Alice Roosevelt Longworth, 2009.
- Folio 6 recto, 3rd photograph; A photograph of Hawaiian women who had come to observe the American delegates. Hawaii had only recently become an American territory in 1898. This photo was taken on the 14th of July, 1905.
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives, 1050 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20013-7012
- Local number
- FSA A2009.02 2.06b.3
- Restrictions & Rights
- Access is by appointment only, Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please contact the Archives to make an appointment: AVRreference@si.edu
- Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository
- Photographic prints
- Photograph albums
- Physical description
- Silver gelatin photographic print mounted into a disassembled photo album
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)