Sign for the Poor People’s Campaign Headquarters
Social Media Share Tools
- Manufactured by
- Used by
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference, American, founded 1957
- Subject of
- Poor People's Campaign, American, 1967 - 1968
- This sign was used at the Poor People’s Campaign Headquarters building at 14th and U Streets NW, Washington, D.C. in 1968.
- A white, plastic sign with black lettering that reads [Poor Peoples Campaign / Headquarters / S.C.L.C.].
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Walter C. Thaxton
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- ink on plastic
- H x W x D: 29 3/4 × 95 3/4 × 3/16 in. (75.6 × 243.2 × 0.5 cm)
- Place used
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Memorabilia and Ephemera-Political and Activist Ephemera
- Civil Rights Movement
- African American - Latinx Solidarity
- Poor People's Campaign
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Civil Rights
- Political organizations
- U.S. History, 1961-1969
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.