SI Staff Use Smithsonian Metro Station Farecard Vending Machines
- Hofmeister, Richard K
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Public Affairs
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Original film available in SIA Acc. 11-009.
- Featured in the "Torch," August 1977.
- Caption from Torch: "Six hundred eighty-five Smithsonian staffers gathered in the new Metro station on June 17 for a guided tour and explanation of the system by Metro officials. The initiation must have helped because an unofficial count shows that delighted station users include many SI employees who had never ridden the Metro until the blue line opened on July 1. In the photograph, a group of employees try out an automatic farecard machine."
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Box 02, Folder: August 1977, Image No. 77-8307-09
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- June 17, 1977
- Local number
- SIA RU000371 [77-8307-09]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Black-and-white photographs
- Physical description
- Gelatin silver prints; 5 x 8;
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Subway stations
- Local transit
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com