In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
Secretary Abbot with Solar Equipment
- Abbot, C. G (Charles Greeley) b. 1872
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- There are several other photos of instruments in SIA RU 7005, Bx 187, F: 12.
- Astrophysicist and fifth Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution (1928-1944) Charles Greeley Abbot with his harmonic analyzer developed to discover and evaluate periodicities in solar variation. Abbot is seen here sitting at a desk with the instrument in front of him. There are charts of "solar variation" on the wall in front of him.
- Contained within
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Record Unit 7005 Box 187 Folder 12
- Contact information
- Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Institution Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
- Standard number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No restrictions
- Photographic print
- Person, candid
- Physical description
- Color: Black and White; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Person, candid; Medium: Photographic print
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- Harmonic analysers
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply