Roy Lichtenstein letter to Ellen H. Johnson
- Lichtenstein, Roy, 1923-1997
- Johnson, Ellen H. (Ellen Hulda), 1910-1992
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- Physical Description
- 3 letter : handwritten ; 27 x 18 cm.
- Lichtenstein writes to inform Johnson of his completion of two paintings she had seen on a visit to his studio: I know how you must feel, Brad and Girl at the Piano. He includes the original source material of two comic-strip clippings. The source of I know how you must feel, Brad is a comic by Ted Galindo.
- Roy Lichtenstein. Roy Lichtenstein letter to Ellen H. Johnson, 1963 Apr. 5. Ellen Hulda Johnson papers, 1872-2018. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1963 Apr. 5
- Record number
- See more items in
- Ellen Hulda Johnson papers, 1872-2018
- Archives of American Art
- Pop art
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply