Rocket Motor, Solid Fuel, 15-KS-1000, JATO (Jet-Assisted-Take-Off) Unit
- Aerojet General Corp.
- Shown here is a smokeless Aerojet 15-KS-1000 Jet-Assisted-Take-Off (JATO) unit used to boost military and commercial aircraft. The motor produced 1,000 pounds of thrust for 15 seconds. Multiple units were used to lift bombers during the Korean War. Approximately 256,000 of these motors were produced.
- Aerojet gave this motor to the Museum in 1968.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Aerojet General Corp.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PROPULSION-Rocket Engines
- HAZ MAT: Cadmium
- Ferrous Alloy
- Adhesive Sticker
- Overall: 2 ft. 9 1/2 in. × 11 in., 60lb. (85.1 × 27.9cm, 27.2kg)
- 3-D (Overall, Weight includes Crate): 78.7 × 25.4cm, 44.5kg (2 ft. 7 in. × 10 in., 98lb.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)