Reading Room, Smithsonian Institution Building, or Castle
Social Media Share Tools
- United States National Museum Photographic Laboratory
- Smithsonian Institution Building (Washington, D.C.)
- USNM No. 43804B
- See "An account of the Smithsonian Institution, its founder, building, operations, etc.," by William Jones Rhees, 1858, p. 19.
- Woodcut, interior view of the Reading Room in the West Range of the Smithsonian Institution Building, or Castle.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 95, Box 31A, Folder 24, Image No. SIA_000095_B31A_F24_001
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- 1857 (copied 1950s)
- Local number
- SIA RU000095 [SIA_000095_B31A_F24_001]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions. Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Black-and-white photographs
- Physical description
- 10 x 8;
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.