Ray Johnson mail art to Dr. Frye and Lucy Lippard
Social Media Share Tools
- Johnson, Ray, 1927-1995
- Lippard, Lucy R.
- Tucker, Marcia
- New York Correspondence School
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 mail art : typescript, ill. ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Mail art is addressed to Dr. Frye, but pertains to Lucy Lippard. The letter has stamp inviting submissions to the New York Correspondence School exhibit at the Whitney Museum of American Art. Illustrations in red marker include a duck (captioned "Marcia Ducker" - for Marcia Tucker) and rabbit (captioned "Ray Johnson").
- Ray Johnson. Ray Johnson mail art to Dr. Frye and Lucy Lippard, 1970 July 3. Lucy R. Lippard papers, 1930s-2010. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- © The Ray Johnson Estate at Richard L. Feigen & Co.
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1970 July 3
- Record number
- See more items in
- Lucy R. Lippard papers, 1930s-2010, bulk 1960-1990
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.