Ray Johnson mail art to David Bourdon
Social Media Share Tools
- Johnson, Ray, 1927-1995
- Bourdon, David, 1934-1998
- New York Correspondence School
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 mail art : photocopy ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Mail art depicts the silhouette of a horse, embellished with white circles and lines, and text on its torso which reads: send New York Correspondance to Rosalind Constable, 360 West 22 St., N.Y.C. 10011.
All around the horse are names of artists and celebrities.
- Ray Johnson. Ray Johnson mail art to David Bourdon, not before 1962. David Bourdon papers, 1941-1998. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- © The Ray Johnson Estate at Richard L. Feigen & Co.
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- not before 1962
- Record number
- See more items in
- David Bourdon papers, 1941-1998
- Archives of American Art
- Animals in art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.