Portrait of Hettie Duryea Meade
Social Media Share Tools
- Edward Hopper, American, b. Nyack, New York, 1882–1967
- Hettie Duryea Meade, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia
- Frank K. M. Rehn, New York, to 12 March 1964
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York and Washington, DC, 12 March 1964-31 August 1981
- (Estate of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1981-1986)
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest, 1981
- Exhibition History
- UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA ART GALLERY, Tucson. "Edward Hopper Retrospective," 20 April-19 May 1963, no. 2, ill p. 31.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Selections from the Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest," 7 August-16 November 1986, no. 49.
- Published References
- LEVIN, GAIL. Edward Hopper: A Catalogue Raisonne. Volume III: Oils. (New York and London: Whitney Museum of American Art in association with W. W. Norton & Company, 1995): no. O-111, p. 57.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, The Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest, 1981
- (c. 1905)
- Accession Number
- Oil on canvas
- 22 x 18 1/8 in. (55.9 x 45.9 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Social Realism
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.