Portrait of Emil Bessels in Fur Parka
Social Media Share Tools
- United States National Museum Photographic Laboratory
- Bessels, Emil 1847-1888
- United States National Museum
- Arctic explorer Emil Bessels models a hooded fur coat acquired during a polar expedition.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Acc. 11-007, Box 004, Image No. MNH-1122A
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Circa 1870s
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 11-007 [MNH-1122A]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Glass negatives
- Physical description
- Stereoscopic photographs; 8 x 10;
- Polar regions
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Clothing and dress
- Scientific expeditions
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.