Portland, Maine Owney tag
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- The design of this oval-shaped, metal tag is relatively common among the Owney tags. The staff or proprietors at Lane & Collins, photographers at the Portland, Maine, railway station gave this tag to Owney. The tag indicates that Owney visited the station and studio on April 14, 1896.
- April 14, 1896
- Object number
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width: 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. (1.91 x 3.81 cm)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- National Postal Museum
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.