Social Media Share Tools
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Case covered in white satin embroidered with flowers and fruit in colored silks, lined with pink silk, with pink ribbon and metal button fastner.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor Garnier Hewitt
- 19th century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- costume & accessories
- Pocket book
- Medium: silk and metal embroidery on silk foundation Technique: embroidered in chain, stem and running stitches on satin
- H x W : 15.7 x 44 cm (6 3/16 x 17 5/16 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Textiles Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.