Pinback button featuring a portrait of Bessie Coleman
Social Media Share Tools
- Manufactured by
- Subject of
- Bessie Coleman, American, 1892 - 1926
- A circular pinback button featuring a sepia portrait of the aviator Bessie Coleman. The portrait is the one used on her aviation license issued by the Federation Aeronautique Internationale.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift from Dawn Simon Spears and Alvin Spears, Sr.
- mid to late 20th century
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Public domain
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- buttons (information artifacts)
- metal and plastic
- Diameter: 2 1/4 in. (5.7 cm)
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Memorabilia and Ephemera
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- U.S. History, 1919-1933
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.