Penlight, Apollo 11
- ACR Electronics Corporation
- This small flashlight was part of the astronaut equipment available to the Apollo 11 crew on their July 1969 mission to the Moon.
- It is constructed with a brass case, and was operated by rotating the bulb end. It was powered by a small battery and had a small velcro tab to keep it secure in the weightless environment.
- Michael Collins donated this to the National Air and Space Museum in 1985.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA - Johnson Space Center
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Miscellaneous
- Overall: Brass, glass
- 3-D: 12.7 × 2.5cm (5 × 1 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)