Pen, Marker, Apollo 11
Social Media Share Tools
- NASA Ames Research Center
- This "Rocket" model felt-tipped marker was carried by astronauts on the Apollo 11 mission in July 1969. NASA purchased a number of these markers from the Duro Pen Company for use by astronauts during the Apollo and Skylab program. It is constructed with a chrome body and typical "felt" tip. It also has a small velcro tab attached to keep it secure in the weightless environment.
- NASA transferred this pen to the Museum in 1971.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Miscellaneous
- Overall - brushed aluminum
- 3-D: 13.3 × 1cm (5 1/4 × 3/8 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.