In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
- Created by
- Joe Schwartz, American, 1913 - 2013
- Subject of
- Hazel Scott, American, 1920 - 1981
- Paul Robeson, American, 1898 - 1976
- Peace Advocates - Hazel Scott, Paul Robeson, New York City, 1940's
- Joe Schwartz, Folk Photography: Poems I've Never Written (2000), 203.
- A black-and-white photograph of Hazel Scott and Paul Robeson in a New York City club. Scott plays the piano and sings into a microphone.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Joe Schwartz and Family
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- © Joe Schwartz
- Permission required for use. Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- gelatin silver prints
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W: 11 x 14 in. (27.9 x 35.6 cm)
- Place depicted
- New York City, New York, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Media Arts-Photography
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Jazz (Music)
- Singers (Musicians)
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)