- These objects are components from a payload inventory originally intended for the University of Iowa package to be flown on Vanguard 1, and later on varius early Explorers. These are templates to guide the drilling of the flight hardware for the Vanguard package. They were produced in several evolutionary stages in the design process, and carry assorted markings. Part of an inventory from the initial "Deal" payloads designed and built by the University of Iowa. These are original and have been in the possession of George Ludwig with the exception of intervals when the components were used at JPL. Donated by Dr. George Ludwig in 2006.
- Credit Line
- Designed and Donated by Dr. George H. Ludwig.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- 3-D (Overall): 14.3 × 14.3 × 1cm (5 5/8 × 5 5/8 × 3/8 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)