Paul Bransom letter to Kicki Hays
Social Media Share Tools
- Bransom, Paul, 1885-1979
- Hays, Kicki
- Bransom, Grace
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 10 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Bransom writes to Kicki, the daughter of the Bransoms' friend Helen Ireland Hays. He talks about life and leisure at his home and studio at Canada Lake in the Adirondacks, and includes an illustration of himself and his wife Grace at home, him working at carving a wood-block book plate for Kicki, and Grace reading the newspaper, while they each are dreaming about swimming in the lake (represented by a thought bubble).
- Paul Bransom. Paul Bransom letter to Kicki Hays, 1947 Oct. 17. Helen Ireland Hays papers concerning Paul Bransom, circa 1903-1983. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1947 Oct. 17
- Record number
- See more items in
- Helen Ireland Hays papers concerning Paul Bransom, circa 1903-1983
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.