Origami Crane with Ferns and Plants
- Ira Blount
- In this busy print, green, purple, white, yellow, and blue plants are outlined by metallic gold. Though the print is identical to another origami crane folded by artist Ira Blount (2011.0004.0084), comparing the two paper sculptures draws the viewer’s attention to the way creases and folds highlight different elements of the print including shapes, colors, and patterns.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- late 20th-early 21st Century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- origami paper, folded
- 4 1/8 × 3 5/8 × 2 1/4 in. (10.5 × 9.2 × 5.7 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.