Oral history interview with Andrew Carnduff Ritchie, 1977 June 16-17
- Ritchie, Andrew Carnduff, 1907-1978
- Cummings, Paul, 1933-1997
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- United States
- Physical Description
- 64 Pages, Transcript
- General Note
- Originally recorded on 2 sound tape reels. Reformatted in 2010 as 4 digital wav files. Duration is 3 hr., 57 min.
- An interview of Andrew Carnduff Ritchie conducted 1977 June 16-17, by Paul Cummings, for the Archives of American Art.
- Quotes and excerpts must be cited as follows: Oral history interview with Andrew Carnduff Ritchie, 1977 June 16-17. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Funding for the digital preservation of this interview was provided by a grant from the Save America's Treasures Program of the National Park Service.
- Biography Note
- Andrew Carnduff Ritchie (1907-1978) was an art administrator and art historian from Canaan, Connecticutt.
- This interview is part of the Archives' Oral History Program, started in 1958 to document the history of the visual arts in the United States, primarily through interviews with artists, historians, dealers, critics and others.
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, 750 9th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
- Record number
- Sound recordings
- Archives of American Art
- Art, American
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply