Officially Licensed New York New York World's Fair Comics 1940 Issue
- D. C. Comics, Inc.
- Description (Brief)
- Comic book published by DC Comics in conjunction with the1939-1940 World's Fair, held in Queens, New York. The book's covers features the first published picture of the ground breaking super heroes Superman, Batman and Robin together, as well as representations of the Fairs' architectual landmarks, the Trylon and Persiphere.
- The comic's cover was illustrated by Jack Burnley. In addition to the three cover heroes, the comic features stories starring Red, White and Blue, Slam Bradley, Zatara, Hourman, Sandman and Johnny Thunderbolt.
- Currently not on view
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Object Name
- comic book
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 10 1/2 in x 7 1/2 in; 26.67 cm x 19.05 cm
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Entertainment
- Popular Entertainment
- National Museum of American History
- Expositions and Fairs
- related event
- New York World's Fair (1939)
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)