RFD letter carrier cap badge
- Associated Organization
- Rural Free Delivery (RFD)
- U.S. Post Office Department Rural Free Delivery (RFD) tiara-style cap badge with elongated head strap attachment hole on either end of insignia. "Martinsburg / W. Va." written in pencil on verso.
- Many of the RFD designed badges, like the one shown, strapped around the letter carrier's hat or helmet. This helped prevent the badge from falling off while the carrier traveled down rugged country roads.
- early 1900s
- Object number
- Employee Gear
- metal (nickel plated brass)
- Height x Width x Depth: 1 3/8 × 3 1/2 × 1/2 in. (3.49 × 8.89 × 1.27 cm)
- United States of America
- National Postal Museum
- Postal Employees
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.