- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Owney received this token while traveling in the West. The name Sumas could indicate a hotel or business in the Dakota Territory, or the town of Sumas, Washington, along the Canadian border. There is no additional information to indicate exactly where Owney was when he received this token.
- Object number
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- metal (brass)
- Diameter: 1 3/16 in. (3.02 cm)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- National Postal Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.