Note Pad and Pencil, Glenn, Friendship 7
- John H. Glenn, Jr.
- Overland Machined Products Inc.
- The pad and paper displayed here were issued to astronaut John Glenn to enable him to perform various tasks and experiments during the flight of Friendship 7 in February 1962. The pad was attached to a rigid surface with a webbing, snap and buckle fastener to enable him to attach it to his knee for ease of use. The pencil was attached with nylon cord to prevent it from floating away in the zero gravity of space.
- Transferred to the National Air and Space Museum from NASA in 1967.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA - Manned Spacecraft Center
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Miscellaneous
- Pad: Aluminium with paper
- Strap: Cotton webbing, aluminium fastenings
- 3-D: 26.8 × 14.2 × 6cm (10 9/16 × 5 9/16 × 2 3/8 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)