Poster in support Joan Little
Social Media Share Tools
- Created by
- Joanne Little Defense Fund, Inc., American, founded 1974
- Subject of
- Joan Little, American, born 1953
- A black-and-white paper poster created by the Joanne [sic] Little Defense Fund in support of Joan (Jo-Ann) Little. The large, rectangular poster features black print on an off-white background with a prominent graphite drawn portrait of Joan Little at center, under text reading [WANTED]. Beneath the portrait is the text: [JUSTICE FOR / JOANNER LITTLE / CRIME: Self Defense Against Rape / INDICTMENT: Murder / Defendant / sex: female / race: black / age: 20 / PENATLY: Death / Prosecution / sex: male / race: white / TRIAL DATE: April 14 / PLACE: North Carolina / Joanne Little Defense Fund: P.O. Box 1003, Durham N.C. 27702]. There are no markings on the reverse of the poster.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No known copyright restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- ink on paper (fiber product)
- H x W: 17 1/2 × 11 in. (44.5 × 28 cm)
- Place depicted
- Durham, Durham County, North Carolina, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Memorabilia and Ephemera-Political and Activist Ephemera
- Free Joan Little Movement
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- American South
- Civil Rights
- Race relations
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.