The New Year – 1869
- Winslow Homer, American, 1836–1910
- Harper's Weekly
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- The New Year is represented by a small boy on a tricycle riding through a hoop, held by a woman. At right, Father Time takes the old year away in a wheel barrow.
- Credit Line
- Gift of John Goldsmith Phillips, Jr.
- January 9, 1869
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Wood engraving in black ink on paper
- made in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.