The New Thing Jazz Workshop, Soul Searchers
Social Media Share Tools
- Percy Martin
- Washington, DC artist Percy Martin created this bold print to promote September’s Jazz Workshops sponsored by The New Thing Art and Architecture Center. The composition bears his signature style, depicting a mythic Bushworld in which the city’s landscape and everyday shapes are transformed into art. In his role as Art Director, Martin’s unique combination of social mythos and creative vision was both an advertisement for and embodiment of The New Thing, a grassroots organization in the Adams Morgan neighborhood working at the intersections of arts education, community architecture, and activism.
- Cite As
- Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- late 20th Century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- ink on paper
- 17 15/16 × 12 15/16 in. (45.6 × 32.8 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.