New Thing Jazz Workshop, The Paul Hawkins Latin Jazz Sextet
Social Media Share Tools
- Lloyd McNeill
- The people, the music and the city take center stage in this decorative poster advertising the Paul Hawkins Latin Sextet at The New Thing Jazz Workshop in Washington, DC. The caricatures are surrounded by the District’s emblematic three stars, situating the piece in the city. Through his imagery, artist Lloyd McNeill represents the ethos of The New Thing Art & Architecture Center, a grassroots, multidisciplinary creative center in the Adams Morgan neighborhood that aimed to empower the local community through the arts.
- Cite As
- Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- lithographic print on paper
- 16 15/16 × 11 in. (43 × 27.9 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.