Flag, United States
- This United States flag, which was flown at the U.S. Capitol, was then presented to the NASA Space Shuttle Orbiter Processing team for display in Orbiter Processing Facility-3 (OPF-3) at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. That building served as the final servicing bay for the space shuttle orbiter Discovery (which after it was retired was transferred to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum).
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration transferred the flag to the Museum in 2013 when the OPFs were begin emptied after the end of the Space Shuttle Program.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the National Aeronautics and Space Aministration.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Flag: canvas
- Frame: pine wood, varnish, plexiglass, cardboard paper, steel
- Overall: Flag: 157.5 x 248.9cm (62 x 98 in.)
- Overall: Flag frame: 5.7cm (2 1/4 in.)
- Overall: Certificate with frame: 34.3 x 3.8 x 41.9cm (13 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 16 1/2 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined