Pass, Press, Columbia
- This press pass allowed media access to the rollout for the space shuttle Columbia. It belonged to Dennis Jenkins, a consulting aerospace engineer for the Space Shuttle Program, and author of Space Shuttle: The History of the National Space Transportation System, a definitive book detailing the development and first 100 flights of the space shuttles.
- Media coverage of the Space Shuttle Program, particularly coverage of space shuttle orbiter rollouts, launches, and landings, helped the entire program receive national attention. Designed as a reusable spacecraft capable of flights to low Earth orbit, space shuttle orbiters carried astronauts to conduct scientific experiments, launch and repair satellites, and construct the International Space Station.
- This press pass was donated to the National Air and Space Museum by Dennis Jenkins in September 2011.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dennis R. Jenkins.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W): 5.4 x 8.6cm (2 1/8 x 3 3/8 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)