Space Food, Chocolate Mints
- NASA gave this package of "M&M's Royal" mint-flavored chocolate candies to the Museum in 1985 for display in a space food exhibit. In addition to meals, astronauts enjoy a variety of snacks during missions in space. Choices include dried fruit, nuts, cookies, crackers, and candy. NASA usually repackages commercial products for spaceflight, as these "M&M's" have been vacuum-sealed in clear plastic. Although this package of candy did not fly in space, it is typical of snacks that have been available on the Shuttle and previous spacecraft.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA Johnson Space Center
- Inventory Number
- M&M/Mars, Inc.
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Food & Food Accessories
- package: plastic with adhesive attached paper and Velcro
- contents: "M&M's Royal"
- 3-D: 11.4 x 8.3cm (4 1/2 x 3 1/4 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined