Flag, United States, Apollo-Soyuz Test Project
- This flag was included in the special "gift bag," in which several exchange items were carried aboard the Apollo command module during the joint US-USSR Apollo-Soyuz Test Project mission. It was one of ten American flags included in the package. Also included were ten Soviet flags, a special box of white spruce tree seeds, and the ASTP certificate that authenticated the docking of the two spacecraft. The gifts were presented and exchanged while the Apollo and Soyuz spacecraft were docked in Earth orbit in July 1975.
- NASA transferred this item to the museum.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W): 21.6 x 29.2cm (8 1/2 x 11 1/2 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined