Stand, Model, Star Trek, Starship Enterprise
- This commercial model of the USS Starship Enterprise featured in the "Star Trek" TV series broadcast on NBC from 1966-1969 was built from a kit produced by AMT Corp.
- The Enterprise was meant to travel many times beyond light speed and was powered by a controlled matter/anti-matter system, a propulsion concept "stretched" from a then accepted theory. The fictional ship grossed 190,000 tons, had a length of 947 feet, a 417 feet in diameter for the primary saucer-shaped hull comprising 11 decks, and had a crew complement of 430.
- The donor, Richard G. Van Treuren, built and modified the AMT kit while serving at sea aboard the naval aircraft carrier U.S.S. Kitty Hawk (CV-63) before donating it to the Museum in 1973.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Richard G. Van Treuren
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Science Fiction
- 3-D: 23 x 14.6 x 10.2cm (9 1/16 x 5 3/4 x 4 in.)
- Storage: 58.4 x 22.9 x 14cm (23 in. x 9 in. x 5 1/2 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined