Pressure suit, G3-C, Schirra, Gemini 6, Flown
- David Clark Company, Inc.
- This Gemini G3-C spacesuit was made for and worn by astronaut Walter "Wally" Schirra, Commander of the Gemini VI mission in December 1965.
- The G3-C suit was only made in the Intra-Vehicular (IV) configuration, and consisted of five major components: the main torso, helmet, boots gloves and neck seal. Additionally, Schirra wore a constant wear garment and life vest assembly. The suit permitted freedom of movement, and was equipped with communication and bio-medical transmission equipment.
- NASA transferred this suit and its components to the Museum in 1968.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA, Manned Spacecraft Center.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Pressure Suits
- Exterior: HT nylon, nylon, rubber
- Zippers: Cotton, brass, rubber/neoprene
- Interior: Neoprene-coated nylon, nylon, cotton
- Connectors, fittings and disconnects: Anodized aluminum
- Other: Steel, plastic, velcro
- Approximate: 5ft x 8in. x 1ft 11in. (152.4 x 20.32 x 58.42cm)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined