Mrs. Graham's Balloon Ascent with the Duke of Brunswick, 22nd August 1836.
- E.W. Cocks
- Physical Description
- Oil painting on wood panel of Mrs. Graham's balloon ascent with the Duke of Brunswick on August 22, 1836. Image shows the balloon aloft over the sea. A ship is in the foreground, with the coast in the background.
- Typed Note on Reverse: "Owing to a bad landing, due to probably the premature alighting of the Duke, Mrs. Graham was thrown out of the car and severely injured. She herself claimed that the fall was of a thousand feet, and that her dress acted as a parachute and thus saved her life."
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Norfolk Charitable Trust
- c. 1836
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Painting, Oil on Wood Panel
- 2-D - In Frame (H x W x D): 21 × 24.1 × 2.1cm (8 1/4 × 9 1/2 × 13/16 in.)
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA
- Display Area
- Hangar Overlook
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)