All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Mount Chimborazo, Ecuador
- Frederic Edwin Church, American, 1826–1900
- The snow covered peak rises over ranges in the central rear. Tops of trees and a house are sketched in the foreground. Irregular bottom margin showing creamy grounding color.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Louis P. Church
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Brush and oil paint, traces of graphite on paperboard
- place depicted
- Ecuador, South America
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)