Social Media Share Tools
- Associated Name
- Mayer, Jo
- Gothic beaker-shaped vessel with a wide flaring rim and a large square handle applied to the body. Five vertical ribs extend down the body from the edge of the neck to the base.
- Urdang attributes this gothic mortar to the late 15th century Germanic states.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of American Pharmaceutical Association and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- collector/donor number
- SAP 358
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- mortar; MANUFACTURING & DISPENSING EQUIP.
- Physical Description
- bronze (overall material)
- gothic (overall style)
- overall: 7 cm x 18.9 cm; 2 3/4 in x 7 7/16 in
- Related Publication
- Urdang, George and Ferdinand William Nitardy. The Squibb Ancient Pharmacy: A Catalogue of the Collection
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- European Apothecary
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.