More Fun Comics No. 81
- D. C. Comics, Inc.
- More Fun Comics No. 81 was published by DC Comics in July 1942 and sold for 10 cents per copy. George Papp illustrated the cover, which depicts Green Arrow and Speedy dodging bullets fired by pursuing gangsters. The cover inset features Superman with two soldiers and reads “Superman Says: Buy Defense Stamps! Help National Defense!” World War II era comics frequently promoted supporting the war effort by telling stories of patriotic heroes fighting real world Axis enemies. This issue features Green Arrow in "Adventures of the Bankrupt Heroes," Doctor Fate in "Hall of Lost Heirs," Radio Squad in "Strange Accidents," Aquaman in "Champ of the Waves," Johnny Quick in "Code for Conspirators," and the Spectre in "Case of the Scholarly Spendthrift."
- This anthology comic series was published as New Fun in February 1935, More Fun in January 1936, and More Fun Comics from March 1936 until November 1947. In issue no. 108 of More Fun Comics the series phased out superheroes in order to switch to an all-humor format.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of Olivia V. Crisson and Phillip M.S. Crisson in honor of Peter Bozzer
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Object Name
- comic book
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 7 1/2 in x 10 1/4 in; 19.05 cm x 26.035 cm
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)