Monkey Playing a Violin
- Style of
- Antoine Watteau, (French, 1684–1721)
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Monkey wearing a feathered cap stands on one foot facing right and plays a violin. Verso: rendering of an 18th-century Italian vase with a mask.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor Garnier Hewitt
- ca. 1710–1720
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Red chalk on cream laid paper; verso: pen and brown ink with gray wash.
- 21.3 x 14.4 cm (8 3/8 x 5 11/16 in. )
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.