In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
Models for Descriptive Geometry by A. Jullien
- Jullien, A.
- This wooden box holds thirty models (called reliefs in French). Each is a folded card held in place by a metal mount that can rest in the palm of the hand. Each model depicts a concept of descriptive geometry. Wires and string show the geometric concepts in three dimensions and the two projections are depicted on the horizontal and vertical portion of the card. The strings are held in place by small washers on the back of the cards.
- Individual models are described in records 1986.0885.01.01 through 1986.0885.01.30. A related manual is 1986.0885.02.
- Currently not on view
- ca 1880
- ID Number
- accession number
- Object Name
- geometric models, set of
- Physical Description
- wood (case material)
- metal (fasteners material)
- paper (models material)
- thread (models of lines material)
- overall: 9.5 cm x 62.5 cm x 29 cm; 3 3/4 in x 24 19/32 in x 11 13/32 in
- place made
- France: Île-de-France, Paris
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Mathematics
- Science & Mathematics
- Jullien Geometric Models
- National Museum of American History
- descriptive geometry
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.