Model, Radio-Telescope, Solar
Social Media Share Tools
- Airborne Instruments Laboratory
- This is a scale model of a small steerable radio-telescope. The telescope and its associated electronics cabinets in this model are located in what may be intended to represent a hermetic enclosure like a radome. This may be a study model or a display model for a radio-telescope that was part of the tracking and communications system for manned spacraft that monitored solar activity. It was transferred to NASM from the NASA Manned Space Flight Center in 1972.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA, Manned Spacecraft Center.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Unknown non-ferrous composition (possibly a white metal or brass), wooden base, paint, plastic, synthetic felt, fibreglass dome (possibly simulated)
- Overall: 1ft x 9in. x 11in. (30.48 x 22.86 x 27.94cm)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.