Model, Missile, Sergeant, 1:24
- U.S. Army Ballistic Missile Agency, Redstone Arsenal
- This is a 1:24 scale model of the Sergeant, a U.S. Army surface-to-surface missile based on mobile launch vehicles. It carried a nuclear warhead and had a range of up to 85 miles. First deployed in Western Europe in 1961, it was withdrawn from service the following decade. The Army Ballistic Missile Agency built the model and donated it to NASM in 1961.
- Credit Line
- Gift of U.S. Army Ordnance Missile Command
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Missile: 17 3/8" x 2" x 2 1/2"
- Base: 4 15/16" x 4 15/16" x 1 1/2"
- [Prior to 10/3/11]
- Other (missile): 17 x 3in. (43.2 x 7.6cm) 1:24 scale.
- Support (base): 5 x 5in. (12.7 x 12.7cm)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)