Model, Missile, Regulus I, 1:10
- Chance Vought Aircraft
- This is a model of the Regulus I, a U.S. Navy surface-to-surface missile carried on and launched from the decks of submarines. It had a nuclear warhead, a solid-fuel engine, one booster for assist in take-off, a range of 400 miles, and a guidance system using radio commands from the submarine. The missile was deployed on a limited number of submarines during the late 1950s and early 1960s.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Chance-Vought Aircraft, Inc.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- 1:10 scale. Missile is 52 inches long, 32 inches wide at the wings, and on the base is 12 inches high.
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)