Model, Missile, Patriot Advanced Capability-2 (PAC-2) (GEM) +
Social Media Share Tools
- ProtoVision, Inc.
- This is a full-scale model of the Patriot Advanced Capability-2 (PAC-2) Guidance Enhanced Missile + (GEM +), a U.S. Army one-stage, solid-fuel, ground-launched interceptor designed to destroy tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, or aircraft with a conventional high-explosive warhead. With a maximum speed of over 3,500 mph, it operates between 1.5 and 20 miles altitude and a range in excess of 60 miles. The Patriot PAC-2 GEM +, with an improved warhead and missile acquisition and tracking system, was built by Raytheon and entered service in 2002. It was used during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- ProtoVision made this model and Raytheon donated it to NASM in 2006.
- Alternate Name
- Patriot Advanced Capability-2 Guidance Enhanced Missile Plus
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Raytheon Company
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Missile is plastic and metal
- Stand and stand support are metal
- Overall (missile): 19ft x 2ft 10in. (579.12 x 86.36cm)
- Overall (stand base): 4in. x 7ft 1in. x 8ft 8in. (10.16 x 215.9 x 264.16cm)
- Overall (stand support): 3ft 1in. x 1ft (93.98 x 30.48cm)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA
- Exhibit Station
- Rockets & Missiles
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.