Model, Missile, Nike Hercules
- This is a model of unknown scale of the Nike-Hercules, a U.S. Army ground-launched anti-aircraft missile. It had a solid-fuel motor, a maximum speed of Mach 3.65, a range of over 87 miles, a ceiling of 150,000 feet, and either a conventional or nuclear warhead. The missile was deployed with the U.S. Army from 1958-1974.
- The model's manufacturer is unknown. John and Cynthia Heyde donated it to the musem.
- Credit Line
- Gift of John S. and Cynthia H. Heyde.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Overall: 38.1 x 10.16cm (1ft 3in. x 4in.)
- Other (base): 7.62 x 35.56cm (3in. x 1ft 2in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)